Skip to main content

COLOURPOP Series in the Making and Welcome Back to my Blog!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hey Everyone! Feels good to be back. I recently had a chat with a close friend and by chance shared with her that I have this unpopular blog where I write about anything and everything under the sun. She started reading it and found it entertaining. Talking about it made me miss writing.

Then the other day, I just received the stuff I ordered from Colourpop. Gave me that light bulb moment and inspired me to write again. I know I still owe you guys the other entries of my Foundation Series, and that’s coming up. Together with that I will be starting a new one with the reviews of the Colourpop goodies I recently got. We’ll do alternating entries to make it more interesting.

Speaking of Colourpop, I recently made this big purchase with them. I was able to snatch a 20% off discount upon sign up. Technically this was my second purchase from them, I tried to log in but it wasn’t accepting my credentials so I was forced to make a new account and together with it came an email with a discount code valid for one week. So what did I do? I hoarded! Hahahaha..


All International orders above $50 qualify for free shipping. You know what that means, pick goodies until you get to $50.. lol that’s just me ladies. Anyhoo.. for international orders they don’t tax your order but you will have to pay your custom duties when it arrives in your country. Doing some calculations I find it more cheaper to avail their free International Shipping than using my Shop & Ship account from Aramex. #1 I wont be double charged for tax (Tax for US because it will be delivered to a local P.O. Box there so its not considered as International Purchase & Tax Duties when it gets delivered here) #2 I don’t have to pay by weight for my delivery from US to DXB which starts with 77AED per Kg. Hefty isn’t it?


I have to say though that my experience ordering with Colourpop was really smooth and impressive. I ordered 31st of January and my lot was shipped the same day. They send it through USPS and you will be given a Tracking Number to follow your babies.


You can also sign up for updates for every move of your package which is so convenient and exciting perhaps? 



My package arrived and was ready for pick up after 10 days. If I opted for Aramex it will be 3days earlier but you have to pay for the shipping as per weight package. It arrived 9th of February in Dubai and I got a call the next day if I wanted the item delivered to my house for an additional 15aed + Tax and Duties  or picked up at Empost, where you just pay the latter.


Here’s my package when it arrived:



I love that Colorpop packed my babies so well. The white box is really sturdy and thick, there was a Fragile Sticker, and everything was surrounded with a bubble wrap. They added crumpled recyclable paper as well to fill in the empty space in the box so that the items don’t move much. A+++!!!!!


Came with the packing list and a Colourpop Card..



Made it easier to check if my items were complete, only to realize my order came with an extra Belle Lux Lipstick (I got two!!!! Lucky me!!)  and Im sure it was by accident because Colourpop don’t give freebies.



I can’t wait to start my Colourpop Series. We will be reviewing each item and I will give you my thoughts and recommendations.  


Ladies!!!!!! I love that I am writing again!!! 

Comments