Skip to main content

Colourpop Series #2: Disney Designer Collection - Crème Lux Lipstick Ariel, Belle & Snow White

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I know most of us grew up watching Disney cartoons, who hasn’t? So when Colourpop released collaboration with Disney, it was all over Youtube. It was quite interesting because they released an eye shadow palette, Super Shock shadows, lip glosses and Crème Lux Lipsticks.




 image from Colourpop Website

Going through the whole collection, I picked out 3 items which I know I will be using a lot, and these were 3 shades of the Crème Lux Lipsticks in Belle, Ariel and Snow White.



Funny how the shades that I picked corresponds to my  favorite Princesses. 



Let’s talk about the packaging; each item is in a beautifully designed box with a sketch of their respective princess which is actually really well done.


The lipstick container itself if made of a brass-like metal finish and it has some weight on it which gives it a very lux feel. It has the different names of each princess printed on the container.



Swatched each lipstick on my arm and this is with flash..


IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!  It is very pigmented and you get so much color in one swipe. I have to say you really get so much for the price you pay. But we all know this is what Colourpop is famous for, they give quality product for the price.

These Lux lipsticks are a blend of hydrating butters so it’s not drying like the usual matte lipsticks. Upon first application on your lips it glides like butter and it feels lightweight, and there is something about it that makes you feel that the product is indeed luxurious.  You have to try it yourself to understand what I mean. 
Natural Lighting swatches..  



I wore each color on my lips to see how it fairs on my medium olive skin tone.  The fist I tried is Ariel, the shade turned out as nude color for me. This will be perfect for smokey/dramatic eye looks.
 

The finish is not matte, it’s semi-glossy and rich as you can see the swatch from my lips. One thing I did try though was I took a tissue, laid it flat on my lips like kissing it and I and had my palm press  lightly flat on my lips to get the shine out. Same method as what you do with oil control sheets when you use it on your face, do the same with a tissue on your lips. It gave me a really beautiful powdery matte finish which I fell in love with.  I find it more comfortable because I don’t need to be mindful that my lipstick might transfer to anything that it gets in contact with.  



Belle is a rosy berry color which is actually very beautiful.  I think this color suits any skin tone. It is actually my favorite among the three. It’s a very MLBB (my lips but better) color for me so I can see myself using this everyday even without any makeup on. This is why I am so happy I got an extra one for free from my order.


Matted out pressed on a tissue..



Snow White is just wow. I have to say that they did well on this red. If there was a lipstick for the real Snow White, this is it. It is a perfect red.  The tone seems like it adjusts depending on your skin tone and it is just beautiful.  I usually don’t wear red lipsticks because it’s quite high maintenance in the sense that you have to be careful that it doesn’t smudge around my mouth, and with makeup I usually prefer less maintenance.  I’m really glad I got this.



Again matted out pressed on a tissue..



You will notice that on all three colors that I have, the color intensity did not change even after matting them out with a tissue.  This is my preference on how I will wear these babies. Imagine having a matte lipstick that doesn’t feel dry. It’s like you are not wearing any lipstick at all! I promise!!!

Despite of it being semi glossy transfer was not as much as I expected. This is a transfer test done right after application of Belle shade.



I tried to again matte it out with a tissue and kissed the back of my hand and it did not transfer at all.

I know I may sound like I’m so biased on this review but this is how much I am loving these lippies.  To be honest, I can’t wait to try the Blur Lux lipsticks. I have high expectations after this one.

Kudos to Colourpop on this really beautiful product, it deserves more recognition that it has right now with the beauty community.  I appreciate their effort on making these beautiful and affordable quality products.


CIAO!

CARMI

Comments