Skip to main content

Colourpop Series #1: Wisp & Here Kitty Kitty

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Happy Valentine Lovely Ladies! I hope everyone is feeling extra  loved today. 

As promised, here we are with our first installment of our Colourpop Series and I am very excited. We will be talking about these babies..



As I aged in the last years, I have changed my makeup routines which depended on many factors,  main one was my skin condition.  I love the no makeup – makeup look and if I can avoid using a foundation it makes me the happiest.

One thing though that I always use and never ran out of are highlighters. They are essential for me. From my latest order from Colourpop I decided to try their Highlighters.

Super Shock Highlighter in Wisp



And Pressed Powder Highlight in Here Kitty Kitty



These were as per the recommendations of Kathleenlights, one of my favorite OG Youtuber, and they  are best for medium tone skin. Sooo.. why not?

This is how it’s packed when you get them. 


The compact mirror is separated from the powder refill. When you add this item on your cart it will automatically give you an option to add a compact mirror for $1.00 , and I did just that.


The compact has a magnet, the black part you see on the inside and you just place your refill and place the cover provided and viola!


Now let’s talk about swatching them.  Anybody who has tried any of Colourpop’s Super Shock Shadows/ Highlighter/Cheek understand what I mean when I say that these feels so good to touch. It’s so soft and buttery to touch and nothing else feels like it. Sometimes even if I don’t need to retouch my highlight, I would do so just to feel this softness on my fingers.. its so heavenly!
The pressed powder feels smooth but nothing like the Super Shock ones..  Here are the swatches..




The colors are very warm and champagne like.  Once you apply on the skin its very smooth and it blends well on the skin. Because of this, it seems that it sinks into your skin and it gives a natural glow look. This is not the very blinding type of highlighter which is perfect on days that you feel lazy but would like to look glowing or over a CC Cream or light foundation for a no makeup-makeup look.  
This is how they look like applied on skin with no flash..


With flash

Wisp is darker than Here Kitty Kitty, I have to say though that the photos do not justify how beautiful and natural looking they are. It gives the skin a perfect glow. To get the maximum impact of the products it is nice to first put the Super Shock Highlight then top it with the pressed powder ones.  But on days that you are not taking photos, you can choose to use one of the two.

Here’s Wisp applied on the bridge of my nose, high points of my cheeks and above the eye brows for natural look and with nothing else but a moisturized face.



I will not apologize for my big forehead, eye bags, my blemishes  and imperfect skin. This is how I am and I love  myself! As you can see Wisp just melted on my skin and it look like its naturally glowing and healthy!! I'm in love!!!

For pricing, pressed powder highlight retails for $7 for the refill and you can add $ 1 for the compact with mirror and the super shock highlighter retails for $8.  It is very reasonable considering that we are getting good quality products which is what Colourpop is and why  I love this brand.

I am considering to get more of both in other shades, some blinding ones perhaps?

I hope you enjoyed this review and as always if you have queries feel free to leave me a comment.

CIAO!

CARMI

Comments