Skip to main content

Product Review: Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner

I've been asked by friends several times on how I make my simple cat eye liner so neat. Of course the secret is the product that I use. I love the ELF Waterproof eyeliner pens of which I posted a review back 2009 that can be read here
Sometime last year ELF stopped purchases using international credit cards and that's when I started panicking to look for a replacement for my HG eyeliner. Back then makeup companies only had pencils or the liners in a bottle that comes with a brush which needs precision to use perfectly. I hated it. 
On my search for a similar product, I came across with Just Gold Felt Tip Liner Pen which is very similar to that of ELF. I just think it better because of more product content so it lasts longer than that of ELF. I did  write a review last year which can be read hereI just love on how easy it is to use these liner pens. 
My discovery of the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner has changed my view on gel liners. 
It is so easy to use and I love that the product glides on my lids so smoothly and it does not give me the irritations (itchiness) that I get from ELF Waterproof eyeliner. 
I love that it comes with its own precision brush that is just so easy to handle which makes doing a cat-eye look a breeze!
The gel liner itself is very pigmented and a reasonable amount of product on the jar considering it is not very expensive. The plus is the brush that comes with it.
Pigmentation of the product is just impressive..
product without flash
product with flash
It is so far the blackest gel liner I have ever used. I have tried Coastal Scents -- which is not so bad but not as smooth as Maybelline's and also the ELF which was not pigmented and disappointing. 
PROs:
-High Pimentation
-Easy Glide Smooth Product
-Free Easy to use hi precision brush
-Waterproof and long lasting that stays up to 36 hours
-Very delicate to my eyes and no itchiness and irritation
CONs:
NOTHING!

These photos are taken at 1am after a dinner out with friends and as you can see the product is has no smudges. 
My eye makeup has already creased a bit given it is already 1am but the maybelline gel liner remained intact.

I cannot wait to try the rest of the colors they have for this product. I can say that this is one of my HG products for Gel Liners. I just simply love it.

CIAO!

-CARMI

Disclaimer: Please know that my product reviews are not influenced by any type of payment nor sponsoring. My opinion is based on my personal experience with the products that I've used and tried myself. Effects of the products may vary from every person.

Comments