Skip to main content

Typhoon Haiyan

Sorry for the lack of posts in the last two weeks.. I was really depressed and heartbroken of what has happened in the Philippines. Haiyan was a big destruction. 
It was heartbreaking to watch the news, my tears just wont stop dripping from my eyes. Yes, I do not know these people. But they are my countrymen. My country was destroyed. Little children crying because of starvation. Death toll as of this moment is close to 4,000. Survivors are looking for missing / dead family members. Seeing the destruction will just leave you with a heavy heart. 

I didn't feel like writing.. From day one I kept myself updated with the news through CNN and Twitter. I'm still out of words until now. I just don't have the drive to write. Let me just share photos I have downloaded of the horrifying destruction done by typhoon Haiyan.
The satellite photo showing the size of Haiyan - Category 5 Super Typhoon that has the strength of 230km/hour.
Photos of destruction..


Everything was wiped of to the ground..
and people were left with nothing..

Communities wiped out..


more destruction..


survivors on queue for food and water..


and the children :( why do they have to experience this??




People walking on the streets cover their noses because of the scent of decaying dead bodies..


A boat carried out on land by the storm surge..


people were given hope on the birth of this baby the day after the storm.. Birth a sign of hope and new life..something to thank for..
After all of this, there is no other way to go but up.  
Last weekend Chief and I went to the Philippine Consulate in Dubai to drop off clothes, shoes, blankets. There were so many people at the consulate when we arrived and more coming. We just went, dropped the clothes and left. It was overwhelming to see all the help pouring. People even put messages on their boxes, bags for the survivors.. stay strong, we are praying for you etc. etc..
When we left, I felt that we did not give enough ( 4 big black garbage bags full of clothes, blanket and shoes) But I guess its better than nothing. I just hope that the donations and relief goods will reach the victims and not go to the wrong hands.. you know what I'm talking about. 

In behalf of my fellow country men..



CIAO!

-CARMI

Note: Photo source are from different websites from Google. 

Comments

Post a Comment