Skip to main content

Dubai Expo 2020 Bid

Hey Everyone!!
I am soooooo.. excited!!! because of this...
Image Courtesy of  Google
Yes!! it's Dubai's bid for World Expo 2020!!!
Image Courtesy of  Google
Right at this moment while I'm writing this blog, voting for Expo 2020 in Paris is being held.
The whole city of Dubai is now waiting for the results and I just can't help but be nervous and excited.
I have lived in Dubai in the last 7 years of my life and it has grown into me. I consider Dubai as my second home. Right now in my heart all I want is for Dubai to win the bid for EXPO 2020.
Dubai's proposal..
Image Courtesy of  Google
Image Courtesy of  Google
First set of voting has finished and Dubai has 77 votes (leading), Russia with 39, Turkey with 33 and Brazil with 13. Brazil has been dropped for the second round of voting and we'll see where the 13 votes will go.. waaahh!! this is nerve-wracking!!!!!
All over the country you will see the support of everybody..
Image Courtesy of  Google
The Burj Al Arab is lit with this every night.. 
Image Courtesy of  Google
Emirates airlines has the logo on their planes.. 
Image Courtesy of  Google
These is the banners posted on Metros, Bridges, etc...
And as a resident of Dubai.. I bod my support by writing this blog..
Let's Go Dubai!! Let's take it!!! Expo 2020 is ours!!!

Image Courtesy of  Google

Update: Dubai won!!!! Makes me so proud!!! We did it!!!!

CIAO!

-CARMI

Comments

  1. congrats!!! I already imagine it's going to be a spectacular show knowing how dubai prepares for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna! The whole UAE is in a Festive mode today since last night :) The rulers vowed to wow everyone. It's really exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment